Eating out is costly, and usually unhealthy, but if you know how to make a beef burrito, you can keep your stomach and your wallet full. The ingredients in your beef burrito are really at your discretion. Feel free to try any combination you deem worthy of satisfying your taste buds. This recipe is basic, and should be played with, but as long as you stick with these basic ingredients you'll be sure to make something tasty and satisfying.
To make a beef burrito, you will need:
- 8" tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (turkey or chicken can be substituted)
- A 16 oz. can of refried beans
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the rice using a steamer or pot. If you have a rice steamer, just dump a cup of rice in there, with two cups of water. If you are doing it the old fashioned way, bring two cups of water to a boil. Add a cup of rice. Let it all boil for a couple minutes. Turn the heat down to low, cover and stir occasionally until the water is soaked up.
- Place the ground beef in a frying pan and cook until brown. Make sure the meat is cooked all the way through. Once it's brown you can drain the excess grease. This will make your beef burrito healthier.
- Take the onion and red pepper and mix them in with the beef. Turn down the heat and sautee the veggies in with the beef. Add a little olive oil to the mix if you would like.
- Heat the refried beans in a sauce pan. A medium heat is fine for this. Stir the beans until the consistency thins down.
- Spread some refried beans on the tortilla. Don't be afraid to glob it on there. Take the spoon and spread it around like sauce on a pizza.
- Place some rice in the middle of the tortilla. One to two scoops should be good. Be aware that space fills up fast as you make your beef burrito.
- Scoop some of the beef and vegetable mixture on top of the rice. Pack the beef down on the rice. Try to keep everything in the middle of the tortilla.
- Put the diced tomatoes on top. You can also use fresh salsa in this step.
- Cover everything with a layer of shredded cheese. If you want your beef burrito to be healthy, don't use as much cheese. If you just want that thick, care-free cheesy goodness, use more.
- Roll the burrito. Fold in the sides first. Then fold the bottom over the contents. Roll the beef burrito tightly until the top is completely wrapped around the rest of the burrito.
- Fill your belly. Your beef burrito may be messy, so be sure to have a napkin and a cold beverage to wash it down.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …