There are many variations of how to make beef curry. Adding a variety of spices to a pot of stew meat transforms a plain beef stew into an exotic beef curry that you serve on a bed of rice. Beef curry can be made with flavors that vary from mild to spicy depending on your own personal taste.
To make beef curry, you will need:
- 2 pounds Beef (cubed)
- ¼ oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper, flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the beef into inch cubes. Chop a whole onion into diced pieces. Peel 3 gloves of garlic, cut the ends off, and crush the garlic by placing a wide knife over the cloves and gently hammering the knife. Chop the crushed garlic further if necessary. Finely chop or mince the fresh ginger and cilantro. Set each ingredient aside separately.
- Brown the beef. Add the oil to the bottom of a deep skillet or pan and heat over a medium to high heat. Add the salt, chopped onions and ginger to the pan and sauté until the onions look transparent. Add the beef and brown for 4 to 5 minutes over a high heat stirring constantly until the beef is evenly browned.
- Spices. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, and red pepper flakes over the top of the browned beef. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium high heat stirring constantly. Add the flour over the beef mixture and stir until the beef is coated with flour.
- Cook the beef curry. Add the dice tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and simmer over a low heat for 2 hours stirring occasionally. Serve over a bed of rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Tips: Prepare all the ingredients for beef curry by slicing, mincing or chopping and set aside in separate dished. Measure all ingredients into their own containers and aside until it is time to use them. A variation of this beef curry dish is to add 2 potatoes cut in 1 inch cubes 40 minutes before the end of the 2 hours cook time. It is essential to stir the beef and spices constantly in the beginning to avoid the beef sticking to the bottom of the pan or scorching. Scorching the mixture will leave your beef curry with a scorched flavor ruining the dish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.