If you will be hosting brunches or doing any other entertaining, it is important to learn how to make a Bellini. A Bellini is a drink of Italian origin, created in Venice in the 1940s in honor of Renaissance painter Giovanni Bellini. Making a Bellini is simple, and it is a great drink for many occasions, from casual to elegant.
To make a traditional Bellini, you will need:
- White peach puree or peach nectar
- Chilled Prosecco or another dry sparkling wine
- Peach slices
- Champagne flute, chilled
- Add three ounces of peach puree to the chilled champagne flute. You can also use one ounce of peach nectar.
- Add four to six ounces of Prosecco or dry sparkling wine to the glass slowly. Garnish with a fresh peach slice.
- Do not overfill the glass with Prosecco or wine. Filling the glass only two-thirds of the way is recommended.
This is the traditional recipe used to make a Bellini. You can also make a Bellini using champagne and peach schnapps, but this is not a recommended recipe for the purist. Another alternative is to make flavored Bellinis. To make flavored Bellinis, you will need:
- Chilled Prosecco or dry sparkling wine
- Simple syrup (one cup water mixed with two cups sugar makes two cups. Can be refrigerated)
- Frozen peaches, strawberries or blueberries
- A blender
- A strainer
- Champagne flutes, chilled
- Puree sixteen ounces of frozen peaches with 1/2 cup simple sugar. Strain into a bowl or cup and refrigerate.
- Puree sixteen ounces of frozen strawberries or blueberries with 1/3 cup simple sugar. Strain into a bowl or cup and refrigerate.
- For each drink, put two to four tablespoons of puree in each flute. Pour Prosecco or wine into the glass slowly, stirring while adding. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.
Each blended puree makes enough for twelve drinks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.