Learning how to make belts can be an enjoyable past time for the entire family. Belts can be made from many different materials. They can be made simple or ornate, and with natural components or man-made ornaments. Whatever kind of belt you choose to make, you will have a wardrobe addition that is all you. For the sake of this article, clarity leather will be the material used for this project.
To make a belt you will need:
- Leather Hole Punch
- Leather Lacing
- Leather Stamps (optional)
- Tape Measure
- Buckle Hardware
- Leather Dye (optional)
- Put down on paper exactly what you want your finished project to look like. Be specific, if you are going to want ornamentation, describe it here. Describe color, size, you may even want to describe why you a making the belt for reference later.
- Purchase the items required to complete your project. Keep in mind that even after the belt is completed some modifications can still be made.
- Measure out the length of leather that you are going to use. Be sure to add at least twelve inches more than the actual waist measurement. This will allow for adding the hardware to the belt.
- Using knife or scissors cut the leather to the length specifies in step three. Most individuals prefer the knife to the scissors, but whichever one you decide to use will be a matter of personal preference.
- Use the leather hole punch to put holes in the belt to adjust the buckle. If you are using leather lacing to decorate the belt, use the smallest setting on the hole punch to put holes around the perimeter of the belt to allow for the lacing.
- Stain/dye leather. If you are going to use any kind of coloration on your belt, this is where you apply it. Allow coloration to dry completely before continuing on to the next step.
- Attach buckle hardware to the belt. Once the hardware has been applied, decorations, stamps and ornamental beadwork can be added if you wish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.