Learn how to make a Berry White and seduce your guests with sweet, creamy charm. A Berry White is just as smooth as the romantic soul singer that it was named for. A Berry White is a chocolate-raspberry cocktail that relies on raspberry vodka for its berry flavor. Because a Berry White is such a sweet cocktail, it's not a good candidate for shots. Its best served in a tall glass or tumbler so you can sip and enjoy the different flavors involved in a Berry White. While it is a simple cocktail to make, a Berry White doesn't leave you a lot of room to play with its flavor combinations. To give your Berry White some flair, garnish your drink with cocoa powder or with fresh raspberries.
Things you will need to make a Berry White:
- Raspberry vodka
- Creme de cacao
- Triple sec
- Lime juice
- Put two ice cubes into your cocktail shaker. Putting ice into the cocktail shaker before you mix your Berry White will cool the cocktail shaker and ensure that your Berry White is nice and cold when you're ready to serve it.
- Pour 1/2 oz. of raspberry vodka into the cocktail shaker. The raspberry vodka is the foundation of your Berry White. It's what gives the cocktail the subtle fruit flavor and provides the bulk of the Berry White's alcohol content.
- Add 1/2 oz. of cerme de cacao. Creme de cacao is just a fancy way of saying chocolate flavored liquor. The creme de cacao gives the Berry White it's decadent chocolate flavor and its smooth, creamy texture.
- Pour in 1/2 oz. of triple sec. The triple sec will enhance the sweetness of the Berry White's raspberry flavor without hurting the taste of the chocolate.
- Add 1/2 oz of lime juice. The lime juice gives the Berry White some balance. It mellows the sweetness of the chocolate without damaging the other flavors.
Put the lid on your cocktail shaker. Shake well to blend then pour your Berry White into a glass.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.