How To Make A Between The Sheets
Now that your bar is in place and fully stocked, you need to learn how to make a Between the Sheets. A Between the Sheets is a important weapon in your cocktail arsenal. It's a sweet and sour cocktail that's good for entertaining both the heavy drinkers and the lightweights at your next party. A Between the Sheets is a good cocktail for an at home bar because it isn't overly complicated and calls for basic ingredients that your bar already has.
- Triple sec
- Lemon juice
- Pour a 1/2 oz of brandy into your cocktail shaker. It's better to use your less expensive brandy for mixed drinks. This way your Between the Sheets will give you all of the warmth of a brandy cocktail without ruining the flavor of the good stuff.
- Pour a 1/2 oz of rum on top of the brandy. Rum is what gives a Between the Sheets its spice. There are two kinds of rum; light rum and dark rum. The kind of rum that you use will effect the overall flavor of your Between the Sheets. If you want to make a stronger drink with more spice, then stick to a dark rum. Dark rums are stronger and made with a bit more spice. If you want your Between the Sheets to have a more subtle flavor, then stick to the light rum.
- Pour a 1/2 oz of triple sec into the shaker. Triple sec is a staple mixer that's used to give your Between the Sheets a subtle sweetness.
- Add 1/2 oz. of lemon juice. The lemon juice will give your Between the Sheets a sour flavor. You can get concentrated lemon juice at any grocery store, but if you really want to give your guests a treat, make your Between the Sheets with fresh lemon juice.
- Put the lid on your cocktail shaker and mix well. After your Between the Sheets is mixed, you can serve it straight up or on the rocks.