How To Make A Biltmore
For a classic cocktail with an interesting fruit flavor, you might want to try to make a Biltmore cocktail. This drink has been around at least since the 1930's and has an amazing pineapple flavor. Even if you are not a fan of fruity drinks, you're going to like this one. It's perfect for an outdoor summer party or even as an after dinner drink with a sponge cake.
Ingredients for your Biltmore:
- one medium sized piece of pineapple
- two ounces gin
- one ounce sweet vermouth
- dash of maraschino liquor
- hazelnut soaked in maraschino (garnish)
Preparation for your Biltmore:
Soak several hazelnuts in maraschino liquor for at least two hours before you are going to serve the cocktail.
- Muddle the pineapple. Do this by placing the pineapple in the mixing glass and the using a muddler or another blunt tool to "mush" the pineapple a bit.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing glass. Fill the glass with ice.
- Stir the concoction very well. Then strain it into a chilled cocktail glass.
Strain one hazelnut from the liquor and then drop it into the top of the glass as the ultimate garnish on your Biltmore.
The Biltmore cocktail is a wonderful addition to any spring or summer time party. They are sweet, but with a bit of a bite. Its sweetness appeals to the ladies and the bite is enough to get you where you want to go. Though this classic cocktail has been around for ages, you can still surprise your guests with the delight of a Biltmore on a hot summer day.