Studying for biology classes can be a stressful and difficult prospect so make it more fun by learning how to make biology board games to help you have more fun studying. Making a biology board game also means you do not have to study alone.
To make a biology board game you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Find a piece of cardboard. Look for a piece of cardboard that is thick enough to work as a biology board game as well as being big enough. A square may be best and it would help if the cardboard is bigger than two feet wide and two feet long.
- Sketch game board. Use a pencil to add a sketch of the basic board game onto the piece of cardboard. You can use a set number of squares along each side or you can make the squares into a path that winds around however you would like. Make sure you have a beginning and end to the squares. Once you have a basic set up, go back over the squares with a marker to make them permanent.
- Make game pieces and question cards. Glue different colored pieces of construction paper onto small squares of cardboard that can be used as game pieces for the players of the biology board game. Cut out many small rectangles from the construction paper. Put a biology question on one side and the answer on the other side as well as game instructions such as move forward two spaces or trade places with another player on the board.
- Place negative and positive game aspects onto the board game. Add instructions to some of the squares on the biology board game. These instructions may include such negatives as going back to the beginning if you land on a certain square or positives such as moving forward ten spaces.
- Make the game board interesting. Use your imagination, and your markers, to decorate the board with biology related themes such as a drawing of a human or cells.
- Create rules for the game. Write out the rules of the biology board game so that everyone who plays understands how to play. Make the rules simple so the game is easy to play such as answering a question card during every turn or whoever makes it to the end of the board game path first wins the game.
- Play the game. It is very important to play the game a few times so that you can make sure it is fun and easy to play. This gives you a chance to make any changes that may need to be made to make the game more fun.