Here are some easy instructions on how to make birria de res. This is a recipe your family and friends will surely enjoy.
- 2 lbs. of beef
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ginger root
- 2 cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 New Mexico or California chiles
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Start birria de res by pouring the juice of one lime over beef and rinse beef in hot water. Be sure to wash beef thoroughly, making sure to clean off its blood. Put beef in a pot with water and bay leaves; the water should be 1 ½ to two inches above the beef. Boil beef on low heat for 1 ½ to two hours. This will make the beef very tender.
- In a separate pot add tomatoes, cloves, chiles and ginger root to three cups of water and bring to a boil. Let mixture cool and remove the ginger root. Add tomatoes, cloves and chiles to blender and blend well.
- After the meat has boiled and it is tender, add the blended mixture to the pot with one teaspoon of vinegar. Add more chiles to the pot if you want the birria de res to be spicier. Let it boil again for another hour until the beef has absorbed the blended ingredients. Enjoy your birria de res!
- Do not add too much or too little water to the pot. You do not want the beef for the birria de res to be too dry or too juicy.
- Don’t over boil the beef because you don’t want the birria de res to be too tough or break up into pieces in the pot.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.