Knowing how to make biscuits and sausage gravy will make you the favorite person around the house come breakfast time. Biscuits and sausage gravy is comfort food with wide appeal. The best part is, this down home favorite is simple to make.
To make biscuits and sausage gravy, you will need:
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups cold milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Put first two ingredients into a medium bowl, stir the ingredients until soft dough forms. If dough is to sticky, gradually stir in enough Bisquick (up to one-quarter cup) to make the dough easier to handle.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour.
- Turn your dough out on to the prepared surface. Shape dough into a ball and knead ten times. Press or roll the dough until it is a half-inch thick.
- Cut into biscuits using a two-inch cutter dipped in flour. Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake eight to ten minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook the sausage until it is browned and cooked through.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon, draining all the drippings back into the pan.
- Add the flour in a little at a time over medium heat, constantly stirring.
- Cook for about two to three minutes, continuing to stir.
- Start adding the cold milk a little at a time, until you get to the desired consistency. Remember to stir constantly to keep from getting lumps.
- Once your gravy has the desired consistency, add the sausage back in and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the biscuits in half and smother in gravy. That is all there is to making good old fashioned biscuits and sausage gravy
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.