Throw martini lovers a curve ball and show them how to make a Black Martini. The martini is a classic cocktail that has been associated with the suave, rich and famous since the drink was invented. As drinking and bar culture have evolved, so has the martini. The Black Martini is one of the many exotic martinis available at bars all over the country. The Black Martini is a sweet berry flavored cocktail that stands out from the rest of the martinis on the bar; where most martinis are bright and light, the Black Martini has a reddish, black, inky hue that gives it a mysterious vibe. It looks like the kind drink that a spy would order. Like all cocktails there is more than one way to make a Black Martini, so don't be afraid to experiment and come up with your own version of the Black Martini.
Things you need to make a Black Martini:
- Raspberry liquor
- Blue curaçao
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Put a few ice cubes in your cocktail shaker. Putting ice in your cocktail shaker before adding the ingredients for a Black Martini will chill your booze as you mix your Black Martini.
- Pour 4 1/2 oz. of vodka in the cocktail shaker. Vodka is the key ingredient of a Black Martini. Because it is a clear, flavorless alcohol, it blends well with the sweet raspberry flavors that are to come. Stay away from flavored vodka when you're making a Black Martini. A flavored vodka can interfere with the flavor of the other mixers.
- Add 2 oz. of raspberry liquor. The raspberry liquor is what gives a Black Martini its sweet and tart flavor. It also lays the foundation for the drinks distinctive dark coloring.
- Add 1 oz of Blue curaçao. The sole purpose of blue curaçao is to blend with the bright red raspberry liquor and finish giving your Black Martini its color. Don't go overboard with the Blue curaçao. Too much blue curaçao will make your Black Martini bitter, turning your sultry, sweet Black Martini into a pitch-black, undrinkable mess.
- Put the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake well to mix your Black Martini. Pour you Black Martini into a martini glass and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …