If you have some chocolate tequila, it’s time to learn how to make a Black Sombrero. You’ll soon feel like you’re vacationing south of the border with this Mexican-inspired cocktail. It’s a tasty mix of chocolate tequila, Kahlua and club soda that’s sure to become a favorite.
To make a black sombrero, you will need:
- One and half oz. chocolate tequila
- Half oz. Kahlua or other coffee flavored liqueur
- Two oz. club soda
- Lime wedges
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Rocks glass
- Put ice in the cocktail shaker. Crush your ice or use cubes depending on your preference.
- Pour chocolate tequila and Kahlua into the cocktail shaker. Measure with a shot glass or jigger if you want exact amounts. Eyeball it if you’re more experienced with mixing cocktails.
- Shake it up really well. Don’t just give it a jiggle. Shake it hard for thirty seconds to a minute. This helps the ice melt and mix the alcohol well.
- Pour the drink into the rocks glass. Strain through a cocktail strainer if you don’t like a lot of ice in your drink.
- Pour club soda into the rocks glass. Pour it gently so that it tops the cocktail and floats over the alcohol. You don’t want the club soda to fully mix into the drink.
- Place a couple of lime wedges on the edge of the rocks glass. Cut a line horizontally through the pulpy section of the lime so that it stays on the rim. Rub the lime along the rim of the glass for an extra limey flavor.
- Drink up! It’s time to enjoy your black sombrero.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …