If you have some chocolate tequila, it’s time to learn how to make a Black Sombrero. You’ll soon feel like you’re vacationing south of the border with this Mexican-inspired cocktail. It’s a tasty mix of chocolate tequila, Kahlua and club soda that’s sure to become a favorite.
To make a black sombrero, you will need:
- One and half oz. chocolate tequila
- Half oz. Kahlua or other coffee flavored liqueur
- Two oz. club soda
- Lime wedges
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Rocks glass
- Put ice in the cocktail shaker. Crush your ice or use cubes depending on your preference.
- Pour chocolate tequila and Kahlua into the cocktail shaker. Measure with a shot glass or jigger if you want exact amounts. Eyeball it if you’re more experienced with mixing cocktails.
- Shake it up really well. Don’t just give it a jiggle. Shake it hard for thirty seconds to a minute. This helps the ice melt and mix the alcohol well.
- Pour the drink into the rocks glass. Strain through a cocktail strainer if you don’t like a lot of ice in your drink.
- Pour club soda into the rocks glass. Pour it gently so that it tops the cocktail and floats over the alcohol. You don’t want the club soda to fully mix into the drink.
- Place a couple of lime wedges on the edge of the rocks glass. Cut a line horizontally through the pulpy section of the lime so that it stays on the rim. Rub the lime along the rim of the glass for an extra limey flavor.
- Drink up! It’s time to enjoy your black sombrero.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.