Anyone can make homemade wine in any flavor that they enjoy, but this article will give you specific instructions on how to make blackberry wine. Be sure to follow the steps in this article as laid out or the wine will not ferment properly.
To make blackberry wine, you will need:
- 2- 5 gallon buckets for mixing
- 4 to 6 lbs of Blackberries you can use frozen or fresh
- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups of sugar (the more sugar that you use the more alcohol that the wine will contain)
- 1 package of all purpose wine yeast
- 1 campden tablet
- 1 gallon of cooled boiled water
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of acid blend (such as lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pectic
- 2-liter bottle for finished product
- Begin by disinfecting your gallon bucket with bleach. Some people use this step but there are others that say that it is useless because the yeast will get rid of the impurities but it's really up to you.
- Crush the Blackberries. You can do this by hand, a potato masher, or a juicer. Be sure that you remove all stems from the berries.
- Pour the Blackberries and one gallon of boiled water into the five gallon bucket.
- Next mix the sugar, wine yeast, campden tablet, acid blend and the pectic.
- Stir this mixture well to be sure that you have blended all the ingredients together.
- Place the top onto the gallon bucket and place it in an area that is between 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure that the top is tightly secured. The best place to place the wine is in an attic.
- Store the blackberry wine for two weeks.
- Open the bucket and strain the blackberry wine twice. After the second time place into a two liter bottle and refrigerate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …