When you know how to make a Bloody Maria, you will never be at a loss for a spicy cocktail again. A Bloody Maria is truly the best of both worlds, all of the spice of a Bloody Mary and the golden goodness of good tequila. Much like a Bloody Mary, a Bloody Maria is great for a hangover. While your body is dealing with the new influx of tequila from your Bloody Maria, it's ignoring the booze from the night before, which will take the edge off of the shakes and headaches that often come with a hangover. Meanwhile the tomato juice in a Bloody Maria is replenishing the vitamins that were lost while you were on your little bender and the spice from the Tabasco sauce will help get rid of that nasty, dry, drunk-mouth that you have. A good bar should always have the makings of a Bloody Maria on hand, because there is nothing better than a drink that can get your party started and help with your hangover the next day.
Things you will need to make a Bloody Maria:
- Lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- celery salt
- Cocktail shaker
- Pour two oz. of tomato juice into the cocktail shaker. If you want to give your Bloody Maria some extra spice, you can use spicy flavored tomato juice.
- Add one oz. of gold tequila to the mix. The tequila is what gives the Bloody Maria its soothing warmth and provides a welcome distraction if you're drinking a Bloody Maria to soothe a hangover.
- Add a dash of Tabasco sauce. This is where the Bloody Maria gets its heat. Be careful not to over do it with the Tabasco sauce. Too much Tabasco can change your Bloody Maria from spicy and tangy to an undrinkable, mouth-burning mess.
- Add a dash of lemon juice. The lemon juice adds a bit of sour to your Bloody Maria and can take the edge off of the heat from the Tabasco sauce.
- Add a dash of celery salt. Celery salt adds a little extra flavor to the Bloody Maria. If you are using your Bloody Maria to help with a hangover, use fresh celery in your Bloody Maria. The fresh celery will help replace some of the vitamins that you lost the night before.
- Put the lid on you cocktail shaker and shake until the cocktail shaker is frosty. Then pour your Bloody Maria into a glass over ice.
Garnish and enjoy. Slice a lemon and put a thin lemon slice on top of your Bloody Maria or cut the lemon into wedges and place a lemon wedge on the rim of the glass.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…