How To Make Body Butter
Body butter is known for its moisturizing effect, and learning how to make body butter at home will help you save up a lot of money while keeping your skin nourished and healthy. Body butter is effective in soothing dry patches and in easing stretch marks due to pregnancy. If you have sensitive skin, you will love body butter, as the natural ingredients seldom irritate the skin. The ingredients you need to make body butter can easily be found at a local grocery store and fragrant shop.
To make body butter, you will need:
- Six ounces of shea butter or mango butter
- One ounce of virgin oil or coconut oil
- One ounce of jasmine wax or beeswax
- Four drops of fragrant oil
- Mixing. The first step to make body butter is by mixing the wax, butter, and oil together. Add the fragrant oil at the end.
- Melting. Melt the mixture you just created in a microwave. Check on the mixture often, as different ingredients have different melting points. To make body butter successfully, you will need to make sure that the mixture is just melted.
- Cooling. While the mixture begins to cool down, mix them together with a hand mixer so all the ingredients are blended with each other. When the mixture is ready, it will turn into a thick creamy texture.
- Storing. Now that you have completed all the steps to make body butter, you will need to find a container with lid to store the product.
Tip: Put the body butter in decorative jars and send them out as gifts!