How To Make Bottle Cap Belts
Learning how to make bottle cap belts is fun and easy, and a bottle cap belt can make a unique and artistic accessory that showcases your individuality and flair. It is a simple project that can be attempted by everyone. Most novelty stores sell bottlecaps for cheap prices, which is why you should have no trouble finding them.
To make a bottle cap belt, you will need:
- Bottle caps
- An ice pick or sharp knife
- 1 1/2-inch metal links
- A belt buckle or clasp
- Gather as many bottle caps as you can. There need to be enough to be able to go around your waist, so it's better to overestimate the amount of bottle caps you will need, rather than underestimate.
- Using the ice pick, gently punch two holes in the bottle caps (in the same manner as the holes in a button) that are across from one another. Try to make the holes as neat as possible.
- Using the metal links, attach the bottle caps to one another. To link the bottle caps, slide the link through one hole and out another, using the pliers to make the links tighter, if desired. If you have a specific pattern in mind, now is the time to link the bottle caps in that manner. If you are unsure, simply link them randomly; it still looks very creative! If you run out of bottle caps and are unable to procure any more, simply use more links to complete the chain.
- When you are finished linking the bottle caps, you will need to add the clasp or belt buckle to the belt. Ensure that you add two extra links to the bottle caps on the extreme ends of your belt so that you can tighten and loosen it, depending on your preferences.