How To Make A Brandy Old-Fashioned
Known as the Old-Fashioned Drink, how to make a Brandy Old-Fashioned will show off your bartending skills. This drink was one of the first drinks ever called a cocktail. This drink carries plenty of history and a great taste to boot.
When making a Brandy Old-Fashioned Drink, you will need the following items:
- 2 ounces of Brandy
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 3 ounces of Soda
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Ice Cubes
- Garnish: Orange Slice or 2 maraschino cherries or lemon twist
- Old-Fashioned Glass
How to make a Brandy Old-Fashioned drink:
- Mix together the sugar with the Angostura bitters in the shaker glass. Make sure that you muddle these together thoroughly. You will want to mix them into a fine solution.
- Add your brandy and soda into the mixture in your shaker glass. You can use a different amount of brandy, based on the taste that you prefer. You will want to mix the liquid solution together very thoroughly.
- Add ice cubes into your shaker glass solution. You will want to add as much or little of ice cubes as wanted. The purpose of the ice cubes is primarily to cool down the drink.
- Strain your drink into your Old-Fashioned glass. Now you can add your drink into your Old-Fashioned Glass. You can add as little or much ice as wanted into your drinking glass.
- Add your garnish. Now you are ready to add your garnish into the drink. You can add it directly into the drink or use a stick to place the maraschino cherries onto. This will help make the drink taste better and give it a festive look.
- Sit back and enjoy your Brandy Old-Fashioned. Now that you have your final production, you can sit back and enjoy this refreshing drink.