Don’t throw out that stale bread cause in a minute you will know how to make bread pudding and maybe make some new friends. The moldy bread can be tossed out for the birds to eat, no need to save that for anything. Bread pudding was made out of the necessity of not wasting bread too stale to eat. Known for its sweet custard, bread pudding is a favorite staple of any holiday table. You don’t have to wait for a holiday to partake in the festivities. Break out that stale bread and let’s get started.
What you need to make bread pudding:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tspn salt
- ½ cup raisins (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- Softened butter
- 8 slices of stale bread
- 4 cups milk
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 9×9 casserole baking dish
How to make bread pudding:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom and sides of the casserole dish.
- Cut the stale bread into cubes and mix together with the raisins. Place mixture into the greased dish.
- Fully mix together the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and milk. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and raisins. Pour slowly and evenly around the dish. Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, the bread pudding will be set. Serve hot or chilled and enjoy.
- Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on it. Or you can serve chilled with whipped cream. Bread pudding is great for picnics, parties or just to treat yourself to something different.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.