How to make submarine sandwich bread is not hard. In fact, for someone who loves to make bread, the process it quite easy and yields wonderful results. Even for those who have never made bread before, submarine sandwich bread is a simple recipe that is perfect for your first bread making experience.
To make submarine sandwich bread, you will need the following:
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- ¾ cup Distilled Water
- 1 tsp Yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Electric mixer
- A paddle attachment for mixer
- Dough hook for mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Pour a small amount of the pre-measured ¾ cup of distilled water to a bowl.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon yeast to the water and sugar mixture.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes and begin to get frothy.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt and 2 cups of bread flour.
- Put the paddle attachment on the mixer and mix the above mixture for approximately 2 minutes.
- Replace the paddle with the dough hook on the mixer and knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes. (If you do not have an electric mixer, knead by hand for 15-20 minutes.)
- Place dough ball in a slightly greased bowl and cover.
- Let rise for 60 to 90 minutes in a slightly warm location.
- Let the dough sit for 60 to 90 minutes when it doubles in size. Place the dough on a cutting board, punch it down, and cut in two (or however many submarine sandwich bread buns you would like to make).
- Form pieces of dough into a loaf by rolling and then pinching the seams together.
- Let the loaves sit with the seam portion down and covered with greased plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm location for one hour.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Put the loaves and bake for 20 minutes (bake time may need to be adjusted according to number of submarine sandwich bread buns you plan to make.)
- Let the loaves cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.