Need to know how to make butter rum flavoring? Hot buttered rum is a warm drink that is traditionally served during the coldest days of winter. It can be difficult to keep up with the number of orders for this popular item, so if you own a bar (or simply like the drink), you may consider making your own butter rum flavoring, which can then be easily added to the proper amounts of rum and water. Be sure to store this mix in an airtight container in order to achieve optimal results.
To make butter rum flavoring, you will need:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (preferably salted)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl, and beat until thoroughly mixed. Add the honey and rum extract, and combine with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the spices and beat for two to three minutes until well mixed. Place the butter rum flavoring into an airtight storage container and store at room temperature for up to six months.
- Use the flavoring to make hot buttered rum. Measure out a heaping tablespoon of the flavoring mixture and place it in a large glass mug or coffee glass. Add one to two ounces of the rum of your choice to the cup and fill to the brim with hot water. Mix thoroughly and serve with a lemon slice. Be prepared for multiple orders of this delicious drink. This easy recipe may become one of your all-time favorite drinks!