Ask ten people and you will get ten different recipes for how to make a Cable Car. One thing that all Cable Car creators can agree on is that a good Cable Car depends on the right mix of rum, orange curacao and sour.
The recipes for a Cable Car differ on the kind of sour mix that should be used. People who want their Cable Car to have a sweeter taste, may want to opt for sweet and sour mix. Sweet and sour mix tends to be made with more sugar and will make your Cable Car sweet with a tart under-current. If you want your Cable Car to have a stronger tart taste, you can use a lemon sour. Since lemon sour doesn't have as much sugar, you will get a Cable Car that is tart and spicy. No matter how you decide to make your Cable Car, you will have a cocktail that is sweet, sour, and yummy.
Things you will need to make a Cable Car:
- Orange curacao
- Lime juice
- sweet and sour mix
- Cocktail shaker
- Pour 1/2 oz. of orange curacao into your cocktail shaker. The orange curacao adds sweetness to your Cable Car and counteracts some of the bitterness of the lime and sour mix.
- Add 1 oz. of rum. The kind of rum you use can affect the end taste of your Cable Car. If you want a Cable Car that has a strong, spicy flavor, use a dark spiced rum. If you want your Cable Car to be on the mild side, go with a light rum.
- Pour in 1/2 oz of lime juice. A little lime juice gives a Cable Car a tart taste that compliments the sweetness of the orange curacao.
- Pour in 1/2 oz of sweet and sour mix. This is the ingredient that gives the Cable Car its smoothness and the bulk of its flavor.
- Put the lip on the cocktail shaker and shake well. Then pour your Cable Car into a glass over ice.