Ask ten people and you will get ten different recipes for how to make a Cable Car. One thing that all Cable Car creators can agree on is that a good Cable Car depends on the right mix of rum, orange curacao and sour.
The recipes for a Cable Car differ on the kind of sour mix that should be used. People who want their Cable Car to have a sweeter taste, may want to opt for sweet and sour mix. Sweet and sour mix tends to be made with more sugar and will make your Cable Car sweet with a tart under-current. If you want your Cable Car to have a stronger tart taste, you can use a lemon sour. Since lemon sour doesn't have as much sugar, you will get a Cable Car that is tart and spicy. No matter how you decide to make your Cable Car, you will have a cocktail that is sweet, sour, and yummy.
Things you will need to make a Cable Car:
- Orange curacao
- Lime juice
- sweet and sour mix
- Cocktail shaker
- Pour 1/2 oz. of orange curacao into your cocktail shaker. The orange curacao adds sweetness to your Cable Car and counteracts some of the bitterness of the lime and sour mix.
- Add 1 oz. of rum. The kind of rum you use can affect the end taste of your Cable Car. If you want a Cable Car that has a strong, spicy flavor, use a dark spiced rum. If you want your Cable Car to be on the mild side, go with a light rum.
- Pour in 1/2 oz of lime juice. A little lime juice gives a Cable Car a tart taste that compliments the sweetness of the orange curacao.
- Pour in 1/2 oz of sweet and sour mix. This is the ingredient that gives the Cable Car its smoothness and the bulk of its flavor.
- Put the lip on the cocktail shaker and shake well. Then pour your Cable Car into a glass over ice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.