For those trying to learn how to make a carne asada taco, the process is easy and not very time consuming. Preparing delicious, homemade carne asada tacos will take about one hour. Carne asada is a savory meat that can be enjoyed in a taco or by itself. Your family will definitely enjoy these carne asada tacos, so don't keep them a secret!
To make carne asada tacos, you will need:
- 5 lbs. flank steak
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 pt. water
- 1/4 cup peeled fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- Taco shells, soft or crunchy
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Create the marinade. When making carne asada tacos, the marinade is key. With the correct blend of flavors, you will create the most succulent carne asada beef. To make your marinade you will need to mix the cilantro, orange, ground cloves, oregano, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, water, orange juice, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and vegetable oil in a bowl. Mix the marinade well so that all the flavors blend.
- Marinade the flank steak. Place the flank steak in the bowl of marinade. Try to make sure the meat is evenly coated. Place it in the refrigerator. You should allow the steak to marinade for at least one hour. For a more flavorful carne asada, let it marinade a day in advance.
- Barbecue the meat. Take your marinated meat and place it on the grill. Be sure that the grill is not too hot. If there are flames, do not cook the meat over it. This will cause the meat to burn and char. Cook the steak to your desired doneness. Try not to poke the steak because this will make all of the juices come out. You do not want a dry steak.
- Cut your meat. Take the steak and cut it into strips. You can also dice the steak, if you prefer. You should be able to see how juicy the steak looks as you cut through it.
- Choose your taco shells. To construct your carne asada tacos, you will need to get the tortilla of your choice. If you like soft tacos, warm up some flour shells. If you like crunchy tacos, fry up some corn tortillas. You can also purchase pre-made taco shells.
- Construct your tacos. Take your shells and put some savory carne asada in them. You can then top the asada meat with some chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. Carne asada tacos are great served with fresh guacamole and sour cream.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.