If you have a lot of old cassette tapes at home that you don't listen to anymore, you can recycle them by learning how to make a cassette tape wallet. These wallets are fun, stylish and easy to make. Leave the tape's original label with the artist and album, or decorate the cassette tape wallet with enamel paints to create a custom design.
To make a cassette tape wallet, you will need:
- A cassette tape
- A screwdriver
- A nine-inch zipper
- Fabric scraps
- A hot glue gun
- Enamel paints (optional)
- Open the cassette tape. Either take out the screws (if the tape is held together with screws) or pry the sides apart (if the tape is held together with glue). Take out the cassette tape's insides.
- Lay the cassette tape halves on top of the fabric, with the bottoms together. Measure and cut a piece of the fabric to fit.
- Unzip the zipper, but leave it attached at the bottom. Attach one of the ends to the bottom corner of one of the cassette tape halves using the hot glue gun. Glue the zipper around the top and down the other side of the cassette tape. Repeat the process with the other side of the zipper and the other cassette tape half.
- Glue the fabric to the inside of the cassette tape halves. Let the glue dry for at least 24 hours.
- Fold the cassette tape wallet in half and zip it up. If you like, decorate it with enamel paints.
Use a cassette tape, zipper and fabric pattern with bright, contrasting colors. Pry the cassette tape apart slowly and carefully. If you go to fast, you may accidentally crack the tape, ruining your cassette tape wallet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.