Here are some easy recipes that will teach you step by step how to make cat treats the healthy way. Cats love to eat and feeding them cat treats that are both healthy and delicious will make them purr and smile with joy. These cat treats are very simple to make and will replace those store bought ones that are full of chemicals and preservatives.
1. Sardine Cookies
- 1 small can sardines with oil
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup ground wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon ground brewer’s yeast
- Non-stick spray
- In a medium size bowl, put the sardines and all the oil. Mash the sardines with a fork until very fine.
- Add in the milk powder and 1/2 cup of wheat germ. Mix well and then add in the brewer’s yeast.
- If the sardine mixture is too moist, add in the remaining wheat germ. Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and put on the baking dish. With a fork dipped in the wheat germ press the balls down to small disc.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the cookies are browned. Store in an airtight container when cool. These cat treats will please any pet of yours.
2. Liver Crackers
- 1/2 cup of liver, cooked
- 1/4 cup of carrots and zucchini, cooked and mashed
- 1 1/4 cups of wheat germ, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of brewers yeast
- Water as needed
- 1 Tablespoon clarified butter or virgin olive oil
- Take the cooked livers and put in a food processor and cut up finely. Pour enough of the livers to equal slightly more than 1/2 cup.
- Add to the livers the vegetables, brewers yeast, wheat germ and the softened clarified butter. Add in water as needed to make pliable dough.
- On a floured board, roll out the cat treat mixture to a round circle. Let the thickness of the dough be around 1/4 inch.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the cat treat mixtures into one inch squares. Place on a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for around ten to twelve minutes or until lightly brown and done. Store in an airtight container.
3. Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup ground chicken meat, cooked
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon brewers yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried catnip
- 1 1/3 cup wheat germ, ground
- 1/4 cup cooked carrots, smashed
- Place the ground or shredded chicken in a bowl along with the carrots and cheese. Mix well and add in 1/4 cup of chicken broth, brewers yeast, catnip and the wheat germ.
- Add more chicken broth if needed to make the cat treats moist enough to roll with. Make the cat treat mixture into a ball and roll out on a floured board.
- Cut the chicken cat treats in one inch square using a pizza cutter. Place the crackers on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for ten to twelve minutes or until brown. Cat treats that are healthy and delicious are easy to make with this recipe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.