How To Make A Catalina Margarita Cocktail
If you are in the mood for a colorful twist on the classic margarita, learn how to make a Catalina margarita cocktail at your next fiesta hour! It is simple and fun to make and enjoy a Catalina margarita. The sour mix will cut the sweetness of the schnapps and the blue curacao for a refreshing cocktail.
To make a Catalina margarita you will need the following
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- four oz peach schnapps
- four oz blue curacao
- four oz sweet and sour mix
- four oz shot glass
- a margarita cocktail glass
- granulated sugar in a dish
- an orange slice
- a cocktail shaker full of ice
- Chill the margarita glass. To make a icy cold Catalina margarita, place a margarita glass in the freezer for at least five minutes. A chilled glass will also help you accomplish Step four of how to make a Catalina margarita.
- Prepare the Catalina margarita using the shot glass measure the proper amounts of tequila, peach schnapps, blue curacao and sweet and sour in shaker filled with ice.
- Mix the Catalina margarita in the shaker. Put the lid on the shake and swiftly shake the Catalina margarita until well blended and cold.
- Rim your margarita glass for you Catalina margarita. Take you margarita glass out of the freezer. Take your orange slice and put a slice in the rind. Rub the rind around the rim of the glass. Place the upside down into the dish of sugar. Press down, lift and hit the glass to remove any excess.
- Pour your Catalina margarita. Pour you Catalina margarita from the shaker into the prepared glass.
- Garnish your Catalina margarita. Place the orange rind on the rim of the Catalina margarita glass.
- Serve your Catalina margarita. Cheers and enjoy you fun colorful Catalina Margarita!
- If you do not like a sugared rim, omit step three
- The Catalina margarita can be served in a rocks glass instead of the traditional margarita glass. Pour the mixture directly into the rocks glass, including the ice and serve.