How To Make A Centerpiece Out Of Celery And Cucumbers
Do you need to know how to make a centerpiece out of celery and cucumbers? The latest trend in having your veggies do double duty makes perfectly good sense. Celery and cucumbers are healthy and they have substance that can be the foundation of the perfect centerpiece.
To make a centerpiece out of celery and cucumbers, you will need:
- 3 large cucumbers
- 8 stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup of prepared pimento cheese sandwich spread
- A round serving platter
- A sharp cutting knife
- A cutting board
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing in a small dip bowl
- 1/2 cup of Russian or Catalina dressing in a small dip bowl
- To make a centerpiece out of celery and cucumbers, first wash and cut the cucumbers into rounds. These should be approximately a quarter inch thick. Immerse the cucumber rounds in ice cold water to keep them crisp until you are ready to arrange them on the serving platter.
- Wash and cut the celery stalks. Cut the celery into two-inch pieces. If the stalks are thick, you may want to split them along the grain of the celery.
- Stuff half the celery pieces. Divide the celery pieces into two groups—one for stuffing and one for dipping. Stuff half of them with a teaspoon each of the pimento cheese sandwich spread.
- Place the two bowls of dressing on the serving platter. The dressings will add some extra color to the celery and cucumber centerpiece as well as provide guests with delicious dips for their vegetables.
- Remove the cucumbers from the water and pat them dry with paper towels. Place the celery and cucumbers on the platter. You may create a design with the celery stalks in a spoke pattern, alternating the stuffed celery with the celery that isn't stuffed. Arrange the cucumbers around the edges of the platter and in between the celery pieces.
After you finish arranging the celery and cucumber centerpiece, place it in the center of the table. As your guests arrive, they can admire the beauty of your centerpiece, then enjoy eating the healthy appetizer.