Learning how to make a chai tea latte can save you time and money. Chai tea itself is packed with tons of antioxidants which are good for the body. Turning your chai tea into a latte may make it more enjoyable to drink. Chai tea lattes are very popular drinks at many coffee houses and can be pretty expensive. This sweet, soothing drink is a great mood booster and the flavors are rich and bold. Chai tea lattes tastes great when adding warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. This article will take you step-by-step how to easily create you own chai tea lattes at home.
To make a chai tea latte, you will need:
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 2/3 cup milk
- 7 teaspoons sugar
- 8 chai tea leaves
- 1-3 cubes of ice
- medium-size saucepan
- serving cup
- Whipped cream, cinnamon, (optional garnish)
- Add cinnamon stick and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add in cardamom and ginger. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Place the chai tea leaves into the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to steep for three minutes.
- Strain the mixture and discard scraps.
- Pour the mixture into a blender.
- Add the milk, ice and sugar into the blender.
- Blend until ice is finely crushed and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the chai tea latte into a serving cup.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon if desired.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …