How To Make Chamomile Tea
It is very easy to learn how to make chamomile tea. It is a very poplar tea and most people have heard of it or tasted it before. Chamomile tea has strong antioxidants and many health benefits. It may prevent complications from diabetes as well as stunting the growth of cancer cells. Chamomile tea is very soothing with a light flowery scent and a mild flavor. This mild flavors makes it a great herbal tea to infused with various ingredients such a lemon or honey. It is also very quick and inexpensive to make. This article will show you how to easily prepare chamomile tea at home using fresh chamomile flowers.
To make chamomile tea, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons fresh, organic chamomile flowers
- 4-6 cups of water
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- honey or sugar to taste
- Pot with lid
- serving cup
- Thoroughly wash the chamomile flowers under gentle, cool water to remove any dirt or grit.
- Fill a pot with water and place on a burner.
- Bring the water a boil over medium heat.
- Carefully add the chamomile flowers to the boiling water.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the heat.
- Cover the pot and let the flowers steep for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Strain the chamomile tea into a cup. You could leave the flowers in the tea if desired. Although they can be annoying when trying to drink while dodging them.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the chamomile tea.
- Sweeten with honey or sugar to taste.