Learning how to make a chardonnay sauce can make any everyday meal a special one! Serve chardonnay sauce on top of fish, lobster, scallops, and shrimp or chicken. It can even go well with a light red meat dish. Try to experiment by adding to this basic chardonnay sauce recipe. Add mushroomS, onions or any vegetable that your guest will enjoy. This recipe makes about 1 1/4 cups of chardonnay sauce. Do not forget to save some chardonnay for your dinner goblets too!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chardonnay wine
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin to make the chardonnay sauce. Melt the butter or margarine in a medium sauce pan. Blend in the flour, stirring constantly.
- Add in the bouillon cubes and water for the chardonnay sauce. Add the water and bouillon cubes. Cook the liquid, stirring the chardonnay sauce until completely smooth.
- Add your spices to the chardonnay sauce. Add cloves and bay leaf, simmer about 10 minutes.
- Strain the chardonnay sauce. Strain the seasonings out of the saucepan. Put the chardonnay sauce back on the medium flame.
- Add the chardonnay wine to the chardonnay sauce. Add the wine, celery, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over entrée.
Add chardonnay sauce to side dishes including mash potatoes, rice, or mixed vegetables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …