Learning how to make cheap wine at home is no difficult task. Not only will it save you some extra dollars, it is also a fun process brewing alcohol yourself. With common household objects, you will be able to create a wine with your desired flavor. Read on to find out how you can make cheap wine.
Things you need to make cheap wine:
- 2 cans of fruit juice or 2 packages of Kool-Aid
- 14 cups of water
- 4 liter jar or bottle
- 3.5 cups white sugar
- 1 small package of baking yeast
- Measuring cup
- Rubber band
- Cheese cloth
- Cleaning. Before you begin to make cheap wine at home, you first need to make sure all your equipment is clean. The best way to clean your equipment is by soaking them in boiling water. Otherwise, bacteria may kill the yeast and you will not be able to make cheap wine successfully.
- Sugar Water. The first step of making your own cheap wine is to mix the sugar and water together in a big pot. Heat up the pot and stir the mixture until all the sugar is dissolved. Set the pot aside.
- Prepare the yeast. Yeast is the catalyst for you to make cheap wine. Take out a small bowl and pour in the packet of yeast. Mix the yeast with lukewarm water and a teaspoon of sugar to help the yeast grow. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Funnel. Use the funnel to pour the sugar water down the bottle. When the yeast mixture begins to turn foamy, pour that down the bottle as well. Add four cups of water into the bottle and shake it until all sugar is dissolved.
- Fermentation. Fermentation is extremely important if you want to make cheap wine. Poke a few holes in a balloon and tie the balloon to the opening of the bottle. Secure the balloon with the elastic band. Set the bottle aside for two weeks. The fermentation is complete when the balloon collapses.
- Dead yeast. There will usually be dead yeast at the surface of your homemade alcohol. If you want to make cheap wine that is drinkable, screen out the dead yeast using a piece of cheese cloth.
- Flavor. Although at this point, you would have successfully made alcohol, you will need to add some flavor in before it turns into flavorful wine. Here, you may use either grape juice or Kool-Aid. Simply pour in the juice or Kool-Aid powder into the bottle and mix it well.
- To make cheap wine that is highly drinkable, wait three weeks after you finish all the above steps.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to empty your wallet for a decent bottle of vino. With the help of NPR wine r ...
LOS ANGELES _ Sommelier, connoisseur, oenophile … there are many names for people who have wine expertise, but when I ha ...
Despite the conventional wisdom, comparing wine to beer is like comparing the scribbles of a preschooler to Picasso. So ...