You don't have to wait until you get out to a restaurant to eat some delicious cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers. You can make them quite easily at home.
To make cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers, you will need:
- Plastic gloves
- 1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 quarts of vegetable oil
Follow these steps:
- Plastic gloves. Put on a pair of plastic gloves. The juice from the jalapeno peppers will sting your skin if you have any cuts or scrapes.
- Rinse Rinse off your jalapeno peppers and cut them in half. Remove the seeds.
- Cheese Grate your cheddar cheese and place it in a bowl.
- Cream cheese Add the cream cheese, and the crushed garlic. Mix them together thoroughly.
- Spoon Mixture Spoon the cheese/garlic mixture in to each of the jalapeno pepper halves. Pour the oil in a skillet and begin to heat it up to 365 degrees F.
- Batter Pour milk in to one bowl, and flour in to another. Do this while the oil is heating up. Dip one cheddar cheese jalapeno popper at a time in to the milk, and coat it completely. Then dip it in to flour.
- Dip each cheddar cheese jalapeno popper in to the milk again, but this time coat them with breadcrumbs after.
- Fry Place the jalapeno poppers in to the oil and cook for two to three minutes each. You want them to be slightly golden.
Tips: Set a paper towel on a plate, and place your cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers on it when they come out of the oil. The paper towel will absorb any excess oil.
Warnings: The oil from the skillet will become very hot, and will splash out of the pan at times. Be very careful, and keep children and pets out of the room while you are cooking the cheedar cheese jalapeno poppers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …