When you think about how to make a cherry lime rickey mixed drink, it conjures up images of yesteryear: well-groomed men in white linen suits, cigarette in hand, laughing casually under the palm trees and chandeliers of a glamorous Palm Beach night club. The cherry lime rickey is real old Hollywood stuff. Humphrey Bogart, Frank Sinatra, maybe Jack Benny. So take yourself back to a more sophisticated time and mix up a cherry lime rickey mixed drink for yourself.
What you'll need to make a cherry lime rickey mixed drink:
12 fresh sweet cherries
- 6 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white sugar
6 oz. vodka, chilled
- 2 cups ice, crushed
- 2 whole sweet cherries with stems
1 lime, sliced into wedges
Prepare the cherries. Remove the stems and pits, then slice the cherries into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze the limes. Slice fresh limes into halves and squeeze 6 oz. (approximately 3/4 cup) into a measuring cup. Be careful to remove all seeds, but leave the pulp-it will give your cherry lime rickey mixed drink a little extra pop.
- Combine the fruit and sugar. Place the chopped cherries, lime juice, and white sugar into the bottom of a pitcher. Using a wooden or marble pestle, carefully pulverize the ingredients until well-combined.
- Add the cold ingredients. Pour the chilled vodka and crushed ice into the pitcher. Stir vigorously for approximately 45 seconds until the cherry lime rickey mixed drink is icy and well-combined.
- Pour and garnish. Pour your cherry lime rickey mixed drink into a highball glass. Garnish with two whole cherries and a wedge of lime.
Now just sit back and enjoy the music. What, no music? Close your eyes, take a sip of that cherry lime rickey mixed drink and it's a sure bet you'll hear the smooth voice of Dooley Wilson crooning "As Time Goes By".
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?