Serve up the sweetness of summer and learn how to make a Cherub's Cup. A Cherub's Cup is a dual purpose drink; it's a light and sweet cocktail that is refreshing on a hot summer's day, and its bright red color makes it a good drink for romantic occasions. A Cherub's Cup is one of the few cocktails that doesn't allow a lot of room for experimentation. If you remove the elderflower from the Cherub's Cup, you will get rid of the fragrant bitterness of the cocktail, ending up with a cocktail that is too sweet. If you get rid of the strawberries, you lose the color of the Cherub's Cup and may end up with something that doesn't blend as well with the rest of the flavors in a Cherub's Cup. While you may not be able to deviate from the core ingredients of a Cherub's Cup, you can still make it your signature cocktail by experimenting with some different flavors of vodka.
Things you will need to make a Cherub's Cup:
- St. Germaine's elderflower liquor
- Small bowl
- Lemon juice
- Simple syrup
- Sparkling wine
- Cocktail shaker
- Pour 1 oz. of St. Germaine's elderflower liquor into a cocktail shaker. The elderflower of St. Germaine's will give your Cherub's Cup a bitter sweet flavor.
- Add 2 oz. of vodka. If you want to give your Cherub's Cup some extra flavor, try using strawberry or citrus flavored vodka.
- Give your Cherub's Cup a splash of lemon juice. Adding a bit of lemon juice to a Cherub's Cup will take the edge off of the bitterness of the elderflower without damaging the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Pour in 1 oz. of simple syrup. Simple syrup is basically liquid sugar. Simple sugar gives the Cherub's Cup its sweetness and smooth texture.
- Add a muddled strawberry. A muddled strawberry is just a strawberry that has been crushed. Cut the stems off of the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Put the strawberry pieces into a small bowl and crush them with a spoon. Then pour the crushed strawberries into the cocktail shaker. The muddled strawberries give the Cherub's Cup its sweet strawberry taste and a lovely red color.
- Put the lid on your cocktail shaker and shake to blend your Cherub's Cup. Pour the Cherub's Cup into a tall glass over ice.
- Garnish your Cherub's Cub with a shot of sparkling wine and a few slices of fresh strawberries. The dryness of the sparkling wine will make sure your Cherub's Cup isn't too sweet and adds a hint of bubbles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.