How To Make Chicken Alfredo
Learn how to make chicken alfredo with a new twist! Adding fresh sauteed vegetables to the classic chicken alfredo recipe adds more flavor and looks as good as it tastes. This chicken alfredo recipe goes great with garlic bread and a fresh green salad.
To make chicken alfredo, you will need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut julienne style
- 1/2 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, cut julienne style
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 block of unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- A pinch of nutmeg
- In a large skillet, cook the olive oil, chicken and garlic over medium heat. Add salt and pepper for taste. After five minutes, add the onion and bell peppers. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through. When the chicken and vegetables are done, set them aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat, but do not burn it. Add the garlic and saute for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in the heavy whipping cream. Let the mixture come to a simmer while stirring.
- Slowly add the parmesan cheese until it is thoroughly mixed in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of nutmeg.
- When the sauce is finished cooking, add the chicken and vegetables to the sauce. If more sauce is needed, add more cream and parmesan cheese to coat the chicken. Cook until the chicken is heated through. Serve over your favorite pasta!
Congratulations! You've just made a delicious chicken alfredo dish!