Need to know how to make chicken and dumplings in a crock pot? Chicken and dumplings is a delicious home-cooked meal that is easy to prepare. Chicken and dumplings smell wonderful when they're cooking, and this dish tastes even better on your plate. On a rainy or snowy work day, prepare chicken and dumplings in the crock pot and come home from work to a nearly complete meal that is ready to enjoy. Add a vegetable or fruit and make it a meal.
To make chicken and dumplings in a crock pot, you will need:
- Two to three pounds of chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Two cups chicken stock and half a cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Two stalks of celery
- An onion
- Two carrots
- Half a cup heavy cream
- Two tablespoons flour
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Chop the onion and chicken. Chop one onion into small pieces. Use a whole chicken or chicken parts and cut the meat into cubes.
- Cook the onions and chicken in a skillet. Pour vegetable oil in the bottom of a skillet and cook the onions, then the chicken, until brown. The chicken does not have to be cooked completely. It will finish cooking in the crock pot.
- Add the other ingredients to the crock pot. Pour two cups chicken stock, one cup water, chopped celery and carrots, and the onions and chicken into the crock pot. Add one teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir gently. Cover with the lid. Let cook on low for six to eight hours.
- Mix heavy cream and flour into a rue. Pour the rue into the crock pot. This will thicken the chicken and dumplings.
- Cut up the biscuits into four pieces each. Place the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture in the crock pot. Turn the crock pot to high and let cook for 30 minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.