Want to learn about how to make chicken quesadillas? Chicken quesadillas are staples in many Mexican homes and many Anglo American homes also. The chicken will add wonderful flavor to a flour tortilla laden with cheese and spice. The chicken quesadilla is then served traditionally with side dishes: pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups of cheese (longhorn jack and mozzarella – cheddar can be substituted)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Salt and Pepper
Directions on how to make a chicken quesadilla:
- Take the chicken breast and cut into very thin strips. Place the virgin olive oil in a hot skillet and when the oil is hot, add the chicken strips.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and jalapenos to the skillet holding the chicken strips. Season the chicken and the veggies well.
- When the chicken is almost done, add in the crushed garlic. Never add the garlic in the beginning as it will burn the garlic and cause the taste to go sour.
- When the chicken and veggies are done and browned, remove from the skillet and drain the oil off. Place chicken and veggies on a plate to cool.
- In a separate large skillet add some non-stick spray or a small amount of virgin olive oil to the pan. Place one large flour tortilla on the hot skillet and layer with 1/2 cup of cheese (1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 longhorn jack).
- Add in 1/2 of the grilled chicken strips and veggies on top of the cheese and spread around the tortilla. Top with another 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place another large flour tortilla on top of the chicken quesadilla and cook all the way through. Check the bottom of the tortilla to see when it is golden brown and turn over.
- Cook the tortilla until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the stove and cut into six pieces. This chicken quesadilla is enough for two hungry people. Repeat the process with the remaining two flour tortillas.
How to Make Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 large green onion
- 7 cherry tomatoes or 1 medium tomato
- Small handful of coriander
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 to 7 drops of hot sauce
- Peel and remove the stone of the avocado and place in a bowl. With a fork, smash the avocado to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Slice the green onion and the tomatoes and add to the smashed avocado. Add in the juice of the lemon. Sprinkle a few drops of hot sauce for flavor.
- Cut up the coriander and sprinkle over the avocado mixture. Add in salt and pepper.
Note: The chicken quesadilla should be placed on a large plate and served with one big scoop of the guacamole salad, sour cream and pico de gallo (Mexican salsa). Mexican salsa contains, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, coriander, salt and pepper.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...