How To Make Chicken Salad Sandwich
Learning how to make a chicken salad sandwich is easy and economical. Best of all, you'll never have to settle for below average chicken salad from the grocery store or overpriced sandwiches from your favorite restaurant. Not to mention that you're guaranteed to get the freshest chicken salad sandwich possible.
You will need:
- Two to three tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- One roasted boneless chicken breast, cooled and chopped
- One stalk of celery, sliced
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1/2 of a small green bell pepper, chopped
- Four slices of thickly sliced whole grain bread
- Four tomato slices
- Romaine lettuce
- Mix the mayonnaise, salt and pepper thoroughly. You want to make sure it's mixed well or the chicken salad won't be seasoned properly.
- Add the chicken, celery, onion and bell pepper and toss to coat. The salad should be tossed until no dressing remains in the bottom of the bowl.
- Toast one side of the bread slices and top with the chicken salad, tomato and lettuce.
- Additional ingredients can be added or substituted. Try adding sliced grapes, nuts or hard boiled eggs.
- Chicken salad can be prepared a day ahead of time.
- Different dressings can be used. Try adding ranch dressing or mayonnaise mixed with honey mustard.
- This salad must stay cool. If you choose to take a chicken salad sandwich to work, be sure to keep it refrigerated until lunch.
- Chicken salad should be consumed within three days.