Try an easy, versatile sandwich filling and perfect how to make chicken salad using green onions, eggs, and mayo. Tired of tuna salad? Make chicken salad that's as delicious and easy as tuna salad for a new spin on making a tasty sandwich.
To make chicken salad using green onions, eggs, and mayo, you will need:
- 2 cups of cooked chicken cut into small cubes, such as whole roasted chicken
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- salt and pepper
Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes. Use roasted chicken to make chicken salad. Remove the skin and bones and cube the chicken. Add it to the bowl.
- Dice the green onions. Trim the tips off the green onions. Finely dice the onions, using both the green and white portions. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
Cut up the eggs. Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs. Rinse under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel. Chop into fine pieces. Add the eggs to the bowl.
- Spoon mayo into the bowl. Scoop two tablespoons of mayo into the bowl with the chopped chicken, green onions, and eggs.
Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over the ingredients in the bowl.
Mix the chicken salad using green onions, eggs, and mayo. Stir gently till the chicken salad is mixed and all ingredients are coated with mayo.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Let the chicken salad chill for 30 minutes or longer. When ready to eat, place on a bed of lettuce or spread on bread for sandwiches.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.