We all love spring rolls, but not many of us know how to make chicken spring rolls at home. Making them is actually pretty simple and does not require a lot of time in the kitchen. So, try making these delicious spring rolls, and you will never buy them from a restaurant again.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 cabbage shredded
- 2 oz. bean thread noodles blanched and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 pack spring rolls
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken and garlic, and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add your noodles, cabbage and onions to your chicken and garlic. This will be your spring roll filling.
- Once your chicken is done and your vegetables are soft, you want to add the soy sauce, salt and pepper to your chicken spring roll filling. You also want to check the seasoning to make sure it is adequate.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about twenty minutes.
- Lay your spring roll wrappers on a large flat surface.
- Using a spoon, take one or two spoonfuls of your chicken stir fry mixture and place near the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Rub some of the egg on the corners of your spring roll wrapper. This is will help hold it together. You could also use milk in place of the egg; it works just as well.
- Roll up your spring roll wrapper very tightly If you do not make it tight enough, your filling may come out.
- Repeat steps six through nine to continue preparing your chicken spring rolls.
- Heat oil in a skillet and place two or three of your chicken spring rolls inside.
- Let it cook for about three to five minutes, or until they begin to look golden brown.
- Turn over and allow the other side to cook.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve these delicious chicken spring rolls with your favorite dipping sauce.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.