Here are instructions for how to make chicken tacos. Chicken tacos are a great alternative to regular tacos made with hamburger. Chicken tacos are very easy to make when using a slow cooker.
To make chicken tacos, you will need:
- Four Boneless skinless chicken breast
- One Envelope of taco seasoning
- One Can chicken broth
- One teaspoon salt
- Eight tortilla shells
- Additional taco garnish
- Cut your chicken breast in half. Cut your chicken breast in half so it cooks evenly and it’s easier to shred. Set slow cooker on low heat setting. Sprinkle salt over chicken breast. Let stand for five minutes.
- Mix the chicken broth and taco seasoning packet together in a medium size bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken breast in the slow cooker and place lid on top.
- Cook on low for eight to ten hours. Check for doneness by poking a fork inside chicken breast. If the chicken breast is soft and starts to fall apart, it’s done.
- Take the chicken out of slow cooker to shred. Take two forks and pull the chicken apart to shred chicken breast. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast. Replace shredded chicken back into slow cooker and mix well with remaining juice. Let shredded the chicken cook ten minutes in juice to get full flavor.
- Assemble chicken tacos using a slotted spoon. Don’t allow too much juice onto the shell or you will have soggy chicken tacos. Garnish with additional toppings.
- Garnish chicken tacos with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and tomato to complete chicken tacos. Serve with Spanish rice or refried beans to complete your dish.
- You can speed up cooking method by cooking chicken on high heat setting. The chicken will be done in four to five hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.