Want to learn how to make chili in a slow cooker? Then you have come to the right place. Here you will find a simple, yet delicious recipe for cooking chili in a slow cooker. Now, let's get out the slow cooker and begin cooking some chili.
You will need
- 3 lbs. of stew meat
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- 4 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, diced
- 3 cubes of beef broth
- 2, 1.8 oz jars of chili powder
- 3 cans of light or dark kidney beans
- 2 cups of water
- slow cooker
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, let's begin to prepare the chili in the slow cooker.
- Begin by turning your slow cooker on medium heat. You do not want it on to high, since the whole point is to slow cook the chili. If you plan on leaving, your best bet would to put it on low.
- Add the 3 lbs. of stew meat to the slow cooker. Always begin by placing the meat at the bottom. This will allow for the meat to get browning while you are adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Dice up the onion and jalepeno pepper, place on top of stew meat. Give the meat, onions, and jalepeno pepper a stir to incorporate them.
- Add the two cups of water. Stir mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the two cans of tomato paste. Once added, stir the tomato paste until there are no more clumps.
- Add the three cubes of beef broth. If you do not have cubes, you can add one can of beef broth.
- Add the four cans of diced tomatoes. If you would like the chili spicier, you can add Mexican style tomatoes which have different chilies mixed in.
- Add three cans of light or dark kidney beans. Be sure to drain the beans before adding them into the slow cooker.
- Add the two, 1.8 oz jars of chili seasoning. If you want the chili to be spicier, add an extra jar of chili seasoning.
- Mix everything together until well incorporated. The mixture should not be thick at all. You should have at least 1/2 inch of liquid at the top of the slow cooker once everything has settled.
- Place top on slow cooker. Now that everything has been added and mixed well, place the top on the slow cooker and let it be. Do not keep opening the slow cooker to check on the chili. The less you open it, the better it will taste.
- Allow to cook for at least three hours on medium heat. If you plan on doing a few things, allow the chili to cook for six hours on low heat.
- Open up the slow cooker and enjoy.
To add a little extra pizzazz to your chili cooked in a slow cooker. You can add rice, shredded cheese, diced onion, diced peppers, bacon bits,and even chives once it has been served. Any unused chili can be place inside of a sealed container, and kept inside of the refrigerator up to four days. If you prefer to freeze the chili, it can be frozen for up to two weeks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …