Chinese food lover's have probably wondered how to make Chinese chop suey. Chop suey makes a perfect side for a number of Chinese entrees. For those who are interested in making chop suey, there's really nothing to it.
To make Chinese chop suey, you will need:
- 1/2 tbsp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- large shallot, chopped finely
- chopped garlic clove
- four oz. fresh shitake mushrooms, halved
- two oz. canned water chestnuts, drained
- two oz. canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 11 1/2 oz. fresh bean sprouts
- two spring onions, cut into 3/4 in. lengths
- two tsp. shoyu or tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Heat and saute. Place a non stick saute pan over high eat. To begin making your chop suey, add the rapeseed and sesame oil to the pan. Allow the oil to heat up. Once the oil is hot, you can turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan. Saute them for about a minute. Once you can smell the wonderful aroma of the shallot and garlic, you are ready for the next step.
- Stir-fry first set of vegetables. Now to continue making your Chinese chop suey, turn the heat back up to high. At this time you should add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots. This set of vegetables should be stir-fried for approximately one minute.
- Add remaining vegetables and sauce. Before the other vegetables start to overcook, quickly add your bean sprouts and spring onions. To finish off your chop suey add the sauce and ground pepper. Stir-fry everything for around 30 seconds.
- Serving your Chinese chop suey. Chop suey should be served immediately for best taste. This recipe is meant to make four servings, if served with two other Chinese dish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!