Learn how to make Chinese fried chicken wing appetizers by following this recipe. Chinese flavors such as soy, ginger, and green onions combine with crispy fried chicken to create this tasty appetizer. Gather the ingredients and get started.
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1” piece of ginger root, peeled and smashed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili paste
- 2 pounds chicken wings, trimmed
- Peanut oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce or duck sauce for dipping
- Combine the first eight ingredients and stir to blend. Place chicken wings in a ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Allow to marinate at least two hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place cornstarch in a large bowl or in a paper bag. Drain the marinade from the chicken wings and discard.
- Dip chicken wings into the cornstarch to coat well. If you’re using a paper bag, fold over the top and shake gently. Remove from the cornstarch with tongs when it’s time to fry.
- Heat peanut oil in a large wok or deep fryer to 375 degrees. When the oil is hot, slowly add chicken wings in batches. Fry the wings until they’re crispy and cooked through. Place them on paper towels to drain the excess oil. Serve these Chinese chicken wings with a side of sweet chili or duck sauce.
- Add extra chili paste to the marinade for spicier flavor.
- Try coating the wings with sweet chili sauce instead of dipping.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …