How To Make Chinese Fried Rice
Knowing a quick and easy recipe for how to make Chinese Fried Rice in less than fifteen minutes is a sure way to cut down on those Chinese takeout expenses. Aside from the cost considerations of frequent meals out, when you are able to make your own restaurant inspired dishes at home, you are better able to control the quality and safety of your meal. Making a Chinese Fried Rice dish from scratch allows you to use fresh ingredients—and even find lower sodium alternatives for some of the popular Asian Sauces used in traditional restaurant dishes.
Ingredients Needed for Chinese Fried Rice:
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breasts, or 1 lb. Pork Cutlets, cubed into small pieces, and uncooked
- ¼ tsp. Salt **Omit to reduce sodium level of the dish.
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 TBSP. Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery with Leaves, finely diced
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Package Frozen Peas and Carrots, 16 oz.
- 7 Cups Jasmine Rice or White Rice, cooked and chilled
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce **Choose a reduced sodium option to reduce sodium level of the dish.
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions and Tops
- Season and fry the meat. In a wok or large skillet, add the butter and sesame oil and heat until hot. While the pan is preheating, season the meat cubes with the salt, pepper, ginger, garlic powder and onion powder—tossing to coat with the seasoning. Add the meat to the hot oil and fry until the meat is no longer pink. Remember, the smaller the pieces of meat you use—the quicker the cooking time.
- Cook the remaining fresh ingredients. Toss in the onion and celery and stir fry until the vegetables are nearly tender. Add in the minced garlic and Oyster Sauce and continue to fry for another minute.
- Cook the frozen vegetables. Add in the frozen peas and carrots—allowing them to stir fry while you proceed to the next step.
- Scramble some eggs. In a separate nonstick pan, add 2 tsp. butter and the four beaten eggs. Scramble them until the eggs are no longer running—taking care to break them up into small chunks.
- Finish adding the remaining ingredients. Mix the eggs and the rice into the meat mixture. Add the soy sauce and stir fry until the frozen vegetables are cooked through and the dish is a light golden brown.
- Garnish and serve the Chinese Fried Rice. Serve topped with chopped green onions and a little extra ground black pepper if desired. Serve warm.