Need to know how to make a Chinese take-out container? Chinese take-out containers are hip and trendy. They are not just for Chinese food anymore. These nifty little containers can be used to hold lunch, makeup, toys or candy. They make super cute party favors. Instead of a boring gift bag and tissue paper, use a Chinese take-out box to wrap a present for that special someone. You can use these boxes to store anything you desire. Make your own Chinese take-out box and experiment with different colors and designs. You can add embellishments to make the box stand out. This project is extremely fun and very easy!
To make a Chinese take-out container, you will need:
- A metal-edged ruler
- A butter knife
- A hole punch
- An eight-by-eleven piece of cardstock
- A Chinese take-out container template (can easily be found on the internet)
- Print the pattern onto the cardstock. Chinese take-out container patterns are available on many craft websites. If you don't want to print the template, you can disassemble an existing Chinese take-out box. Lay the box on top of your cardstock and trace the folds.
- Use the butter knife to score all pieces. Your printed cardstock will show you exactly where you need to score. The dotted lines outline where you will lay your ruler. Glide the butter knife along the side of the ruler to score the lines.
- Cut out the pieces. You will need to use the scissors to cut out the pieces denoted with solid lines. Cut slits on the top flaps.
- Fold upward. Fold all the sides upward. Place glue on the underside of the right side flap. Press onto the left side flap. Repeat with the remaining flaps.
- Use the hole puncher to make a place for the handles. Punch a hold on either side of the box, where the flaps join. Knot one end of the ribbon and glide it from the inside to the outside of the box.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.