To score a touchdown at your party for the big game, you may wish to learn how to make chipped beef Super Bowl dip. Using just a few ingredients and about 30 minutes, you can prepare a Super Bowl snack sure to please. This hot dip is also convenient, with an option to prepare it in a slow cooker, giving you more time to enjoy the action of the Super Bowl.
- A large skillet
- A large stiff spoon
- An eight-inch casserole dish and fondue pot or slow cooker
- Gather Your Ingredients. To make a hot chipped beef dip for your Super Bowl party, you'll need ½ cup chopped onion, two tablespoons butter, one cup sour cream, two eight-ounce packages softened cream cheese, one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and two three-ounce packages chipped dried beef, chopped.
Cook the Onions. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for about five minutes or until tender.
- Combine and Heat. Stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and chipped dried beef. Using the large spoon, stir the mixture until smooth and bubbly.
- Bake and Serve. Pour the mixture into your casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Alternately, pour the mixture into a fondue pot or slow cooker and warm until heated through. Serve your chipped beef Super Bowl dip with crackers, vegetables or bread.
- Simmer the onions in white wine if desired.
- Add ¼ cup finely chopped bell peppers to the onions.
- Top the dip with ½ cup chopped pecans.
Got a lot of friends coming over and not a lot of time? No worries. Our expert-made lineup of winning dishes includes op ...
Despite the health concerns of dieticians, nutritionists and the medical profession who are concerned about calories and ...
Now that we know who’s going to the Super Bowl we can start thinking about more important things — namely, what to eat a ...