To score a touchdown at your party for the big game, you may wish to learn how to make chipped beef Super Bowl dip. Using just a few ingredients and about 30 minutes, you can prepare a Super Bowl snack sure to please. This hot dip is also convenient, with an option to prepare it in a slow cooker, giving you more time to enjoy the action of the Super Bowl.
- A large skillet
- A large stiff spoon
- An eight-inch casserole dish and fondue pot or slow cooker
- Gather Your Ingredients. To make a hot chipped beef dip for your Super Bowl party, you'll need ½ cup chopped onion, two tablespoons butter, one cup sour cream, two eight-ounce packages softened cream cheese, one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and two three-ounce packages chipped dried beef, chopped.
Cook the Onions. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for about five minutes or until tender.
- Combine and Heat. Stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and chipped dried beef. Using the large spoon, stir the mixture until smooth and bubbly.
- Bake and Serve. Pour the mixture into your casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Alternately, pour the mixture into a fondue pot or slow cooker and warm until heated through. Serve your chipped beef Super Bowl dip with crackers, vegetables or bread.
- Simmer the onions in white wine if desired.
- Add ¼ cup finely chopped bell peppers to the onions.
- Top the dip with ½ cup chopped pecans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.