Knowing how to make chocolate covered strawberries with morsels is an invaluable skill. Making the chocolate covered strawberries will save you money all while impressing the eater of the strawberries.
What You Will Need To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries With Morsels
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Medium Sized Glass Heat Resistant Bowl
- Medium Sized Pot
- Silicone Spatula
- Baking Sheet
- Waxed Paper
- Rinse the strawberries with cool water. Dry the strawberries well with the paper towel taking care to not bruise the fruit.
Fill the pot less than half full with water. Place the pot onto the stove.
- Heat the water on low heat. Bring the water to a gentle simmer.
- Place the heat resistant bowl over the pot to create a double boiler. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water.
- Add the chocolate morsels to the glass bowl. Stir the chocolate morsels constantly with your spatula to ensure a smooth consistency.
Stir the morsels until just melted. Do not allow the chocolate to remain over the water once it has melted.
- Remove the glass bowl to the counter. Add in the heavy cream a teaspoon at time to make the melted chocolate a pourable consistency similar to maple syrup.
- Line the baking sheet with waxed paper. This simple step will save you energy and time on cleanup.
Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate morsels to cover the strawberries. Do this one at a time using the stem of the strawberry to work quickly while the chocolate is still warm.
- Set the strawberries on the wax paper. Allow the strawberries to cool and the chocolate covering to harden, you can speed the cooling process by placing the strawberries in the fridge and removing them as soon as the chocolate over the strawberries has hardened.
- Serve at room temperature. The chocolate morsel covering tastes best served at room temperature, immediately after the chocolate covered strawberry is prepared, but they will be good up to 24 hours.