How To Make Chocolate Cupcakes
Knowing how to make chocolate cupcakes is an easy way to impress any girl you invite over for dinner. Chocolate cupcakes: Who knew something so decadent and delicious could come in such a small package? And here’s an added bonus: the chocolate cupcake is one of the easiest, most foolproof desserts to make. They’re perfect to serve as a dessert; they’re a perfect on-the-go treat, and you can even freeze cupcakes for future special occasions!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with 24 paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for three minutes, until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, using a wooden spoon.
- Fill each liner 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for twenty minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean and dry.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost with homemade frosting (recipe below) or store-bought frosting.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- Melt butter in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir until all lumps are melted.
- Stir in cocoa.
- Add in powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, stirring and adding a splash of milk with each addition.
- Once all ingredients are combined, stir for 2 minutes, until frosting is smooth and spreadable.