How To Make Chocolate Tuxedo Strawberries
Would you like to know how to make chocolate tuxedo strawberries for your upcoming anniversary or just to impress your girl? Those fancy, gourmet store chocolate tuxedo strawberries look amazing, and are oh so decant. Let’s show you how it’s done! Making chocolate tuxedo strawberries will make you look like a chocolatier at your next party!
- To make chocolate tuxedo strawberries you will need the following items
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Two saucepans
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Rinse the strawberries for the Chocolate Tuxedo Strawberries. Clean off strawberries in cool running water. Drain in Strainer. Dry each strawberry gently with paper towels.
- Prepare the cookie sheet. Cut a piece of wax paper big enough to cover the bottom of a cookie sheet. Set the covered sheet next to your working area.
- Melt the white chocolate for the chocolate tuxedo strawberries. Put the white chocolate pieces into one saucepan. Add two teaspoons of oil to the pan. Heat the white chocolate over low heat, stirring to make a smooth mixture.
- Dip the strawberries into the white chocolate. Determine what side of each strawberry is most level, and place that side into the melted white chocolate. Place the dipped berries onto the wax paper, chocolate side up. This will be the tuxedo shirt.
- Melt the chocolate chips for the chocolate tuxedo strawberries. Put the semisweet chocolate chips in the second pan. Add two teaspoons of oil to the pan. Heat the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring to make a smooth mixture.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate to make chocolate tuxedo strawberries. Dip the strawberry in the melted chocolate on both sides, one side at a time, leaving at least a 1/2 inch of visible white chocolate in the middle. This will give the strawberries a tuxedo jacket. Return the strawberry to the wax paper, white chocolate side up.
- Give the chocolate tuxedo strawberries their tuxedos. Use a toothpick and dot chocolate onto the white chocolate "shirt" to create a bow tie. Do this by making two small dots with a tiny one joining them in the middle. Add one o two tiny dots of chocolate beneath the tie for buttons. Chill strawberries for a 2 hours of hours before serving.
Serve within 48 hours of making your chocolate tuxedo strawberries.