How To Make Christmas Card
Learn how to make Christmas cards to send personalized greetings like none other. When friends and family receive Christmas cards in the mail, they are delighted. Getting to open an actual envelope rather than an email or electronic card is exciting. But when friends and family open a Christmas card you spent your time making, they are thrilled.
To make Christmas cards, you will need:
- Base paper for the card
- Decorative paper
- Trinkets and embellishments
- Foam board
- Get paper for the card. Start with sturdy paper to make the actual card. Construction paper, card stock or even lightweight cardboard works to make the card. Decide which envelopes you'll use and make cards to fit into the envelopes.
- Fold the paper. Make a crease in the paper to create a side fold or top fold.
- Decide on a design. Make the design for the Christmas card as simple or as elaborate as you want. Simple designs include drawing a Christmas tree or candy cane on the front of the card. Another option is to cut the shape of a tree or candy cane from decorative paper, like scrapbook paper or newsprint. More elaborate designs might be making a layered image by cutting three or more of the same image from paper then placing spacers, such as small pieces of foam board, between each layer and gluing the layers on top of the card.
- Embellish the Christmas card. Add small embellishments like bells, beads, stickers or trinkets of any kind that will lay flat enough on the card to mail in an envelope. Affix the embellishments with glue or sew them on with needle and thread.
- Write a special sentiment. Write on the front and/or inside of the Christmas card. Make it special for the person you're sending the card to.